Lakeland Library Region is pleased to announce that Curbside Pickup Services will be offered at the following branches:
North Battleford, Meadow Lake, Lloydminster, Battleford, Neilburg, Paradise Hill, St. Walburg, Maidstone, Makwa, Rabbit Lake, Loon Lake, Mayfair, Turtleford, Speers, Edam, Cut Knife, Marsden, Glaslyn, Meota, Hafford, Borden, Radisson, Maymont, Lashburn, Macklin, Pierceland, Goodsoil, Paynton, Marshall, Denzil and Medstead
How to use Curbside Pickup Services:
2. Wait to receive notification indicating your holds can be picked up.
3. Contact your library to schedule a pick up time. You can find email addresses and phone numbers here.
4. Arrive at your library at the designated time pick up time and ensure that you have your library card ready for verification purposes.
5. Call your library to let them know you have arrived and await further instructions.
6. Staff will place your items into a clean bag. Wait for library staff to place items in the labelled pick up area, and return to the library before picking up your items.
7. Enjoy your items!
*Please do not use Curbside Pickup Services if you are sick or under order to self-isolate*
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q - Will you be quarantining returned items?
Yes, there will be a 72 hour quarantine before returned materials are checked in, so some items will appear as checked out on your account for some time after they have been returned. Fortunately, there will be no late fees charged until further notice.
Q - Do I need to provide bags for Curbside Pickup Services?
No clean bags will be provided for you.
Q - What has happened to items placed on hold prior to the branch closures?
These materials will be processed first, notifications for Lakeland patrons with existing holds will be issued as soon as your branch starts Curbside Pickup Services.
Q - What is the current loan period?
Loan periods are temporarily increasing to 28 days or 4 weeks.
Q - What if I have fines/fees owing on my account?
The financial block for services has been increased to $60.00 from $10.00
Q - Can I return my materials?
We have reopened most of our our drop boxes, click here for a full list. If you are sick, please do not return any library materials.
Q- Can someone else pick up materials on my behalf?
Yes please contact library staff to arrange for a pick up.
Q- What if an item I want is unavailable within Lakeland Library Region?
Holds on interagency materials (books and other materials from participating libraries throughout Saskatchewan) are now available. The time that holds will wait on hold shelves has been extended to 10 days
Q- Can I check out specialty items like book club or programming kits?
No these items are unavailable for loans at this time.
Q- How do I find materials located within Lakeland Library Region?
1. Use the search box located on the top right hand portion of the Lakeland Library Region website to get started.
2. Limit your results by using the location drop down menu to select “Lakeland Library Region”
3. You can also limit your results to a specific branch collection by selecting your branch from the location drop down menu.
For more information on Lakeland Library Region's response to COVID-19, please visit our main COVID-19 page.