Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Starting Tuesday September 1st, Lakeland Library Region branches will begin opening to the public with limited services as part of Phase Four of our regional re-opening plan. We'll keep you informed as things change. Keep an eye on this website for service updates and library news. Please call your local library to get branch specific details on reopening.
- Limited capacity in libraries
- 30 minute visits
- Hand sanitizer use
- Patrons are encouraged to wear masks when at the library (masks are available for patrons if needed)
- 24 hour quarantine for all library material
- Limited seating to ensure social distancing and proper cleaning practices can be followed
- Rearranging public access computers to ensure social distancing
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting
- Appointment style openings at branches where necessary
- Curbside pick-up services will remain available at all library locations for the foreseeable future.
Limited capacity branches:
- Cut Knife
- North Battleford
- Paradise Hill
- Rabbit Lake
- St. Walburg
Appointment based branches:
- Loon Lake
- Meadow Lake
- St. Walburg
What you can do
• If you have been travelling outside of Canada or you feel sick, please stay home
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use provided hand sanitizer before handling the collections in branch
• Adhere to the maximum capacity number posted at branches
• We ask that customers place materials they've handled at the library in marked green bins for quarantine
• Wear a mask
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of tissues immediately. If you have no tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands
• Practice social distancing (2 meters or more)
• Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
• Limit your visits to 30 minutes or less
Curbside pickup and closed branches:
- Saskatchewan Hospital (Closed)
Programs and Room Bookings
All in-branch programs and room bookings have been cancelled indefinitely effective March 17. North Battleford Public Library, offers streamed programming Monday to Friday .
Lakeland will be waiving all late fees that accumulate effective March 13. If you are unable to return your materials, you will not be fined.
Holds, Loans & Returns
- The time that holds will wait on hold shelves has been extended to 10 days.
- Loan periods are for 4 weeks.
- Return bins are now open. All returned items are placed in a 24 hour quarantine
To assist our patrons, Wi-Fi has been turned on for all locations – no voucher required