Mistress of Greyladies
During WWI Greyladies is requisitioned by the government as a POW internment centre. Harriet is now a widow, as she has always known she would be with such a frail husband, but now has a son and daughter to care for. The three of them go to live with Joseph's family when Greyladies is requisitioned. Harriet is worried that all her careful renovations will be destroyed and her search for other Latimer women has to be abandoned temporarily because of the war.
12 available of 12 items
- Jacobs, Anna. Greyladies trilogy
- Jacobs, Anna. Greyladies trilogy ; 2.
- The Greyladies trilogy
- The Greyladies trilogy ; 2
- Great Britain -- History -- George V, 1910-1936 -- Fiction.
- Hampshire (England) -- Social conditions -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Widows -- Fiction.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- England -- Fiction.
Genre: Historical fiction.
- 9780749016753 (pbk.)
Description: 319 pages ; 23 cm.
- Sequel to: Heir to Greyladies.
- General fiction.