Joe Pickett had good reason to dislike Dallas Cates, even if he was a rodeo champion, and now he has even more: Joe's eighteen-year-old ward, April, has run off with him. Then the body of a girl has been found in a ditch along the highway, alive, but just barely, the victim of blunt force trauma. It is April, and the doctors aren't sure if she'll recover. Cates denies having anything to do with it, and there's evidence that points to another man. Joe knows in his gut who's responsible ... what he doesn't know is the kind of danger he's about to encounter.
4 available of 4 items
- Fathers and daughters -- Fiction.
- Game wardens -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction.
- Pickett, Joe (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Teenage girls -- Fiction.
- Wyoming -- Fiction.
Edition: Large print edition.
- 447 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- large print.