Secrets of the savanna twenty-three years in the African wilderness unraveling the mysteries of elephants and people
Restricted EAudiobook (NNELS)
The Owenses recount their efforts from the early 1990s to 2005 to conserve wildlife in and around North Luangwa National Park in Zambia by offering villagers alternatives to poaching ivory. They describe befriending an orphan elephant, encounters with lions and other African animals, and dangers from poachers. 2006.
- African elephant -- Conservation -- Luangwa River Valley (Zambia and Mozambique)
- African elephant -- Effect of hunting on -- Luangwa River Valley (Zambia and Mozambique)
- Nature conservation -- Economic aspects -- Luangwa River Valley (Zambia and Mozambique)
- Owens, Delia.
- Owens, Mark.
- BC Libraries Cooperative. National Network for Equitable Library Service
- Owens, Delia, author
- Reid, Patricia, narrator
- Online resource : DAISY 2.02
- digital Digital recording
- data file
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 213-214) and index.
- Restricted to use by people with documented print impairment.
- Narrator, Patricia Reid
- Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 2006.
- Original version : xxiii, 230 pages,  pages of plates : color illustrations, maps ; 22 cm. 0395893100
LCCN: 2005023842Link to PAC