The mountain story
DAISY Sound Recording
On his 18th birthday, Wolf Truly takes the tramway to the top of the mountain that looms over Palm Springs, intending to jump to his death. Instead he encounters strangers wandering in the mountain wilderness, three women who will change the course of his life. Through a series of missteps he and the women wind up stranded, in view of the city below, but without a way down. They endure five days in freezing temperatures without food or water or shelter, and somehow find the courage to carry on. Wolf, now a grown man, has never told his son, or anyone, what happened on the mountain during those five days, but he can't put it off any longer. And in telling the story, he at last explores the nature of the ties that bind and the sacrifices people will make for love. Bestseller. 2015.
0 available of 1 items
- Loss (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Palm Springs Region (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Wilderness areas -- California -- Fiction.
- Wilderness survival -- Fiction.
- DAISY edition.
- Computer data (34 files : 140 MB).
- 1 DAISY disc (608 minutes) : digital ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital DAISY format
- This resource is made available through a limited license agreement for Saskatoon Public Library members.
- Access restricted to persons who are visually impaired or physically disabled and cannot use conventional print materials.
- Narrator: Stephen Pineo.
- Audio and text.
- Toronto : Knopf Canada, 2015. 384 pages : 9780345809025
- aSystem requirements: IBM PC or compatible; double speed or faster CD-ROM drive; sound card and sound output device; DAISY playback software or DAISY talking book player.
- DAISY 2.02 standard; MP3 compression. Compression rate: 32.
- Studio original.
Publisher or Distributor Number: DC50863Link to PAC