Picnic at Hanging Rock
Set at the turn of the twentieth century, the film concerns a small group of students from an all-female college and a chaperone, who vanish while on a St. Valentine's Day outing. Less a mystery than a journey into the mystic, as well as an inquiry into issues of class and sexual repression in Australian society.
1 available of 1 items
- Australia -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Boarding school students -- Australia -- Drama.
- Lindsay, Joan Weigall, Lady -- Filmadaptations.
- Missing persons -- Australia -- Drama.
- Detective and mystery films.
- Feature films -- Australia.
- Feature films.
- Film adaptations.
- Horror films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Australian Film Commission, production company.
- B.E.F Film Distributors Pty. Ltd., presenter.
- Boyd, Russell, 1944- director of photography.
- Criterion Collection (Firm), film distributor.
- Green, Cliff, 1934- screenwriter.
- Guard, Dominic, actor.
- Lambert, Anne-Louise, actor.
- Lemon, Max, editor of moving image work.
- Lovell, Patricia, film producer.
- McElroy & McElroy Productions, production company.
- McElroy, Hal, 1946- film producer.
- McElroy, Jim, 1946- film producer.
- Morse, Helen, 1947- actor.
- Motion picture adaptation of (work): Lindsay, Joan Weigall, Lady. Picnic at hanging rock.
- Roberts, Rachel, 1978- actor.
- Smeaton, Bruce, composer (expression)
- South Australian Film Corporation, production company.
- Weaver, Jacki, 1947- actor.
- Weir, Peter, 1944- film director.
Edition: Dual format edition, Blu-ray
- 1 Blu-ray disc (107 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 supplement (28 pages) and 1 book (196 pages).
- digital optical surround DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
- video file Blu-Ray Region A
Target Audience Note: CHVR: PG.
- Picnic at Hanging Rock (Motion picture)
- Container of (work): Homesdale (Motion picture)
- Based on the novel by Joan Lindsay.
- Originally released as as motion picture in 1975.
- Special features: Extended interview with Weir; New piece on the making of the film, featuring interviews from 2003 with executive producer Patricia Lowell, producers Hal McElroy and Jim McElroy, and cast members; New introduction by film scholar David Thomson, author of "The new biographical dictionary of film: a recollection ... Hanging rock 1900 (1975), an on-set documentary hosted by Lovell and featuring interviews with Weir, actor Rachel Roberts, and source novel author Joan Lindsay; Homesdale (1971), an award-winning black comedy by Weir; trailer.
- Booklet : What we see and what we seem / Megan Abbott -- Peter Weir and the Australian New Wave Cinema / Marek Haltof.
- Director of photography, Russell Boyd ; editor, Max Lemon; original music composed by Bruce Smeaton.
- Rachel Roberts, Jacki Weaver, Anne Lambert, Helen Morse, Dominic Guard, Karen Robson, Christine Schuler.
- Blu-ray, widescreen (1.78:1); DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround; requires Blu-ray player.
- In English with optional English subtitles from the deaf and hard of hearing.
Publisher or Distributor Number: