Michael Jackson : on the wall
Michael Jackson is one of the most influential cultural figures to come out of the 20th century and his legacy continues into the 21st century. His significance is widely acknowledged when it comes to music, music videos, dance, choreography and fashion, but his considerable influence on contemporary art is an untold story. Since Andy Warhol first used his image in 1982, Jackson has become the most depicted cultural figure in visual art by an extraordinary array of leading contemporary artists. For the first time, Michael Jackson: On the Wall will bring together the works of over forty of these artists, drawn from public and private collections around the world, including new works made especially for the exhibition.
3 available of 3 items
- Art, Modern -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.
- Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.
- Jackson, Michael, 1958-2009 -- Influence -- Exhibitions.
- Jackson, Michael, 1958-2009 -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.
Genre: Exhibition catalogs.
- EMMA--Espoon modernin taiteen museo, host institution.
- Galeries nationales du Grand Palais (France), host institution.
- Jefferson, Margo, 1947- author.
- Kunst- und Ausstellungshalle der Bundesrepublik Deutschland, host institution.
- National Portrait Gallery (Great Britain), host institution.
- Smith, Zadie, author.
Description: 251 pages : illustrations (chiefly colour) ; 29 cm
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, June 28-October 21, 2018 ; Grand Palais, Paris, November 21, 2018-February 20, 2019 ; Bundeskunsthalle, Bonn, March 15-July 14, 2019 ; EMMA, Espoo Museum of Modern Art, Finland, August 21, 2019-January 26, 2020.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 240-241).
- The last modernist / Nicholas Cullinan
- A life and afterlife of shape-shifting / Margo Jefferson
- Michael, before and after / Zadie Smith --- Plates / Lucy Dahlsen
- Timeline / Lucy Dahlsen
- Artist biographies / Helena Cuss.