When Tony Lip, a bouncer from an Italian-American neighborhood in the Bronx, is hired to drive Dr. Don Shirley, a world-class Black pianist, on a concert tour from Manhattan to the Deep South, they must rely on a book to guide them to the few establishments that were then safe for African-Americans. Confronted with racism, danger, as well as unexpected humanity and humor, they are forced to set aside differences to survive and thrive on the journey of a lifetime.
41 available of 91 items
- African American entertainers -- Fiction.
- Concert tours -- Fiction.
- Interracial friendship -- Fiction.
- Italian Americans -- Fiction.
- Lip, Tony -- Fiction.
- Motor vehicle drivers -- Fiction.
- Pianists -- Fiction.
- Racism -- United States -- Fiction.
- Shirley, Don, 1927-2013 -- Fiction.
- Ali, Mahershala, 1974- actor.
- Cardellini, Linda, 1975- actor.
- Farrelly, Peter, film director.
- Hatton, Mike, 1978- actor.
- Lewis, Von, 1987- actor.
- Maniscalco, Sebastian, actor.
- Marinov, Dimiter D., 1964- actor.
- Mortensen, Viggo, 1958- actor.
- Stark, Don, 1954- actor.
- Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm), film distributor.
- 1 videodisc (130 minutes) : sound, colour ; 4 3/4 inches
- digital optical surround Dolby Digital 5.1, 2.0 DVS
- video file DVD video region 1
Target Audience Note:
- Canadian Home Video Rating: PG.
- MPAA rating: PG-13.
- container of (expression): Green Book (Motion picture). French [DVD].
- container of (work): Green book (Motion picture) [DVD].
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2018.
- Special features: Virtuoso performances; An unforgettable friendship; Going beyond the green book.
- Title from container.
- Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali, Linda Cardellini, Sebastian Maniscalco, Dimiter D. Marinov, Mike Hatton, Von Lewis, Don Stark.
- DVD ; widescreen presentation ; Dolby Digital 5.1, 2.0 DVS.
- For private home use only.
- English or French dialogue; English, French or Spanish subtitles.
- Described video for the blind and visually impaired.
Publisher or Distributor Number: