A journalist shows up on Eve Duncan's doorstep with a plea for help. Jill Cassidy has just come from a small African village with a heart wrenching story: half the villagers-- many of them children-- have been killed in a horrific attack by guerilla soldiers, the bodies burned beyond recognition. Now, the families desperately need Eve's help to get closure and begin to heal. But when Eve arrives in the remote jungle, she begins to suspect that Jill's plea may have been a cover story for a deeper, more sinister plot. Isolated and unsure who she can trust, Eve finds herself stranded in an unstable country where violence threatens to break out again at any moment and with only her own instincts to rely on if she hopes to get home to her family alive ...
7 available of 67 items
- Eve Duncan
- Eve Duncan ; 25.
- Johansen, Iris. Eve Duncan forensics thriller
- Johansen, Iris. Eve Duncan forensics thriller ; 25.
- Civil war -- Fiction.
- Conspiracies -- Fiction.
- Duncan, Eve (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Facial reconstruction (Anthropology) -- Fiction.
- Journalists -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Political corruption -- Fiction.
- War crimes -- Fiction.
Edition: First edition.
Description: 422 pages ; 23 cm.
Other Title: Smoke screen
Notes: Publisher, pagination, and printing dates may vary.
LCCN: 2018048366Link to PAC