Lampedusa : a novel
In sun-drenched Sicily, among the decadent Italian aristocracy of the late 1950s, Giuseppe Tomasi, the last prince of Lampedusa, struggles to complete a novel that will be his lasting legacy. With a firm devotion to the historical record, 'Lampedusa' leaps effortlessly into the mind of the writer and inhabits the complicated heart of a man facing down the end of his life, struggling to make something of lasting worth, while there is still time. Steven Price lives in Victoria, BC.
4 available of 13 items
- Aristocracy (Social class) -- Italy -- Fiction.
- Authors, Italian -- Fiction.
- Sicily (Italy) -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction.
- Terminally ill -- Fiction.
- Tomasi di Lampedusa, Giuseppe, 1896-1957 -- Fiction.
Description: 325 pages ; 22 cm
Notes: Canadiana.Link to PAC