Wolf Hollow : a novel
Growing up in the shadows cast by two world wars, Annabelle has lived a mostly quiet, steady life in her small Pennsylvania town. Until the day new student Betty Glengarry walks into her class. Betty quickly reveals herself to be cruel and manipulative, and while her bullying seems isolated at first, things quickly escalate, and reclusive World War I veteran Toby becomes a target of her attacks. While others have always seen Toby's strangeness, Annabelle knows only kindness. Soon, she will need to find the courage to stand as a lone voice of justice as tensions mount. Brilliantly crafted, Wolf Hollow is a haunting tale of America at a crossroads and a time when one girl's resilience and strength help to illuminate the darkest corners of our history.
28 available of 29 items
- Bullying -- Juvenile fiction.
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Courage -- Juvenile fiction.
- Families -- Pennsylvania -- Juvenile fiction.
- Homeless persons -- Juvenile fiction.
- Pennsylvania -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile fiction.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Veterans -- Juvenile fiction.
- 9781101994849 (trade paperback)
Description: 291 page, 9 pages ; 20 cm
- Publisher, pagination, and printing dates may vary.
- Includes discussion questions.
- Includes excerpt from: Beyond the bright sea.