Lakeland Library Region is pleased to announce that Curbside Pickup Services will be offered at the following branches:
North Battleford, Meadow Lake, Lloydminster, Battleford and Neilburg
Paradise Hill, St. Walburg and Loon Lake – July 14th
Makwa – July 15th
How to use Curbside Pickup Services:
2. Wait to receive notification indicating your holds can be picked up.
3. Contact your library to schedule a pick up time. You can find email addresses and phone numbers here.
4. Arrive at your library at the designated time pick up time and ensure that you have your library card ready for verification purposes.
5. Call your library to let them know you have arrived and await further instructions.
6. Staff will place your items into a clean bag. Wait for library staff to place items in the labelled pick up area, and returned to the library before picking up your items.
7. Enjoy your items!
*Please do not use Curbside Pickup Services if you are sick or under order to self-isolate*
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q - Will you be quarantining returned items?
Yes, there will be a 72 hour quarantine before returned materials are checked in, so some items will appear as checked out on your account for some time after they have been returned. Materials checked out before the closures will be due on July 15, 2020. However, there will be no late fees charged until further notice.
Q - Do I need to provide bags for Curbside Pickup Services?
No clean bags will be provided for you.
Q - What has happened to items placed on hold prior to the branch closures?
These materials will be processed first, notifications for Lakeland patrons with existing holds will be issued as soon as your branch starts Curbside Pickup Services.
Q - What is the current loan period?
Loan periods are temporarily increasing to 28 days or 4 weeks.
Q - What if I have fines/fees owing on my account?
The financial block for services has been increased to $60.00 from $10.00
Q - Can I return my materials?
We are gradually re-opening our drop boxes, click here for a full list. You are encouraged to delay returning your materials at the present time until more book drops reopen. If you are sick, please do not return any library materials.
Materials checked out before the closures will be due on July 15, 2020. However, there will be no late fees charged until further notice.
Q- Can someone else pick up materials on my behalf?
Yes please contact library staff to arrange for a pick up.
Q- Can I place holds on materials from branches not offering curbside pick-up?
Yes, you can place holds on materials owned by Lakeland Library Region although there will be a delay for materials located in branches that are not offering curbside pickup. You cannot place holds on items owned by other regions at this time.
Q- What if an item I want is unavailable within Lakeland Library Region?
You can place a request using the Suggest a Title service. We will place a hold on your behalf if we decide to purchase your request.
Q- Can I check out specialty items like book club or programming kits?
No these items are unavailable for loans at this time.
Q- How do I find materials located within Lakeland Library Region?
1. Use the search box located on the top right hand portion of the Lakeland Library Region website to get started.
2. Limit your results by using the location drop down menu to select “Lakeland Library Region”
3. You can also limit your results to a specific branch collection by selecting your branch from the location drop down menu.
For more information on Lakeland Library Region's response to COVID-19, please visit our main COVID-19 page.